- On This Page
- Get a Free Consultation
What Our Clients Say
"Our firm has been friends, colleagues, and co-counsel with the attorneys at Marks and Harrison for many years and on many cases. Over the years, we have worked together and have referred cases back and forth to serve the best interests of our clients. Although we have worked with a number of lawyers in the firm (and them with us), I have been personal friends with John Shea for more than 30 years. John and his team are top notch and talented. They have successfully helped us many times. We highly recommend John and the whole firm."
– David D. Daggett, Daggett Shuler, Attorneys at Law, Winston-Salem, NC
"Rob and I have worked together as co-counsel on several complex personal injury matters. He is knowledgeable, client-oriented and a zealous advocate. I would gladly work with Rob again in the future."
– Brian Wesley, Thornton Wesley, PLLC
"I have had the pleasure of working with Marks & Harrison for years, both in referral and co-counsel capacities. The attorneys at Marks & Harrison have consistently treated me in a fair and respectful way, and have shown tremendous compassion and competence with clients. I greatly value this professional relationship and would recommend Marks & Harrison to anyone practicing in the area in need of additional expertise in personal injury."
– Brian Wesley, Thornton Wesley, PLLC
"I have worked with Rob for almost a decade. He is a true professional as well as an outstanding lawyer. Rob is well-versed in the finer points of Virginia personal injury and wrongful death law. He works extremely hard for his clients and uses creative ideas to strategize their cases and get them optimal recoveries. I would recommend Rob to anyone looking for an excellent trial lawyer.” – Jon Ward, Pinto Coates Kyre & Bowers PLLC"
– Jonathan Kazem, Kazem Law
Marks & Harrison has become known as one of the most trusted law firms in Virginia. Attorneys throughout the country recognize our record of success and often rely on our firm for help with legal services involving personal injury, workers’ compensation, disability benefits, veterans’ disability benefits, and medical malpractice.
We welcome referrals from attorneys who are out of state, as well as those right here in Virginia. We are also available to serve as co-counsel for law firms that need another perspective from our attorneys who are well-versed in their areas of law.
When you need help with a client’s case, our experienced attorneys can assist and will fight to secure the compensation your client needs as if they were one of our own.
Why Refer to Marks & Harrison?
We understand that there are many law firms in Virginia that you may wish to refer to, or join you as co-counsel on certain cases. At Marks & Harrison, we are proud to offer a number of services and resources that set us apart from other law firms within the state. These include:
- Experience and trusted throughout Virginia – With 10 law offices across the state, we have extensive experience helping law firms throughout Virginia, and our reputation extends beyond the state’s borders. We are proud to have helped attorneys throughout the entire country.
- Powerful network – The resources a law firm has at their disposal are crucial to the success of any case it takes. Our extensive network includes some of the best professionals including medical experts, accident reconstruction firms, economists, vocational experts, private investigators, structural engineers, forensic accountants, and more. After receiving a referral, we will put all of these resources to work to give your client the best chance of success.
- Proven results – We are proud of our track record of success. We have helped law firms and other attorneys secure millions of dollars for their clients and we will put the same effort into any referral case so your client receives the compensation they deserve.
These are just a few of the main reasons attorneys throughout Virginia and the nation trust Marks & Harrison with their referrals.
What Types of Cases Can Be Referred to Marks & Harrison?
At Marks & Harrison, our skilled attorneys have experience with a number of different legal areas. The types of cases we can help with include:
- Uber accidents
- Boat accidents
- Tractor-trailer accidents
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Wrongful death
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall and other premises liability accidents
- Defective products
- Dog and animal bites and attacks
- Nursing home abuse
- Workers’ compensation cases
- Social Security disability benefits
- Veterans’ disability benefits
- Medical malpractice claims
When you refer these cases to us, our experienced attorneys work hard to help your client seek the compensation or benefits they need.
What Do You Get for Referring a Case?
We greatly appreciate any referral we receive, which is why we provide many benefits to attorneys and law firms that provide us with them.
- Referral fees – We have structured our fee sharing policy in a way that provides generous fees for any attorney or law firm that provides us with a referral.
- Maximum value – We will demonstrate to any insurance carrier that we have the resources necessary to take a case to trial. As such, they generally make higher settlement offers without offering lowball offers they know will not cover the cost of your client’s injuries or losses.
- Quick conclusion – We understand that clients do not have time to wait a long time for a decision in their case. This is why we file cases promptly, demand a trial date as soon as possible, and pursue all cases aggressively to bring it to a quick resolution.
- Quality service – We know that clients need to be regularly updated on the status of a case, and that they take comfort knowing a qualified attorney is giving it the full attention it needs. This is why we provide you and your clients with the quality customer service you both need and deserve.
- Proven track record – We have the legal knowledge and skill to find success with cases, and our track record proves it. We will put our experience to work for you and your clients to give every case the best chance of success.
When working with Marks & Harrison, you and your clients receive all of these benefits and more.
Recent Referral Results
When we say that we have a proven track record, you do not have to just take our word for it. Some of the most recent referral results we have achieved for clients include:
- $12 million settlement for a man who suffered quadriplegia after a crash with a garbage truck
- $11 million settlement for a woman who suffered from a traumatic brain injury and orthopedic injuries after a crash with a service van
- $5 million settlement for a student who was hit by a transport truck while in their vehicle
- $3 million verdict at trial for a wrongful death claim involving a large truck at an intersection
- $2.6 million settlement for a former Navy officer who suffered head injuries after being involved in a crash with a tractor trailer
- $2.3 million settlement for a woman and her children after the husband and father was killed during a police chase
These are just some of the most recent and most successful claims we have helped other attorneys and law firms secure for their clients. We work hard to pursue the compensation accident victims deserve.
Our Skilled Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys Are Waiting for Your Referrals
At Marks & Harrison, our personal injury attorneys in Virginia understand that when you send a referral to us, it is a partnership and your law firm can be as involved as you would like. When you need to get results for your clients, we also know how to get them.
Call us today to learn more about what we offer for referrals, and how we can assist with any case you have.