- On This Page
- Get a Free Consultation
- What Our Clients Say
“They sent somebody to visit me in the hospital and get my side of the story (totally free). I was assigned Mr. Crawford and told that we had a case. Fast forward about 9 months later and I received literally 14x what the insurance company had offered me. This is after the lawyer and medical fees as well. So basically this was totally free and I barely had to do anything I am so glad I called Marks and Harrison and I will be recommending them to all of my family and friends.”— Robert Smith
After a car accident, you may face not only tremendous physical pain and emotional anguish but also a growing pile of medical bills. If you cannot return to work because of your injuries, the weight on your shoulders may simply become overwhelming. Fortunately, you can turn to an experienced and compassionate Chesterfield car accident lawyer at Marks & Harrison for the legal help you need to get through this difficult time.
We understand what you are going through. We are here to help you to seek the compensation you need to support your family, move on with your life and pay your bills. It all starts with a free consultation.
For more than a century, Marks & Harrison has protected the rights of injury victims and fought for the compensation they deserve. We are ready to go to work for you right away. Call today or contact us online now to discuss your case.
How Can Our Chesterfield Car Accident Lawyers Help You?
At Marks & Harrison, we take pride in giving personal attention to every one of our clients. When you meet with us about your case, we will take the time to learn how your crash happened, and we will listen closely to you in order to understand how your car accident injuries have affected your life. Additionally, you can count on us to:
- Promptly investigate your accident – Our team includes a former insurance claims adjuster and law enforcement officers. They know how to quickly gather and assess the evidence from auto accidents and how to help us to establish our clients’ right to compensation.
- Consult with experts – To gain a better understanding of your accident and injuries, we may consult with professionals in fields such as accident reconstruction, vocational rehabilitation and life-care planning.
- Handle all paperwork – A car accident claim may involve filing several documents with insurance companies and in the court with jurisdiction over your case. While you focus on your physical recovery, we will take care of all of this paperwork in the timely and professional manner that you should expect from your lawyer.
- Deal with the insurance companies – We will carefully calculate your damages and demand that the insurance company (or companies) provide full and fair compensation. Our attorneys will advise you of any settlement offer that you receive and help you to assess whether it meets your needs and goals.
- Take your case to trial – If an insurance company refuses to accept liability or challenges the amount it owes in damages, you can be assured that our highly skilled trial lawyers will be ready to fight for you in court.
A car accident case in Chesterfield may take several months or even several years to resolve. We will do everything we can to move your case forward as smoothly and efficiently as possible. Throughout your case, we will make sure that you stay updated, and we will always be available to answer your questions and address your concerns.
We represent car accident clients on a contingency fee basis. This means that we will not be paid unless we recover compensation for you through a settlement or a jury verdict. When you meet with us to discuss your case, we will provide full details of our fee and cost agreement.
Common Causes of Chesterfield Auto Accidents
Our attorneys bring decades of experience to car accident victims and their families in Chesterfield. Because of our extensive background, we can handle a wide range of car accident cases, including those that involve:
- Speeding – Drivers can easily lose control and cause crashes when they go too fast for traffic, road and weather conditions or exceed the posted speed limit.
- Aggressive driving – When drivers act aggressively behind the wheel, they make dangerous maneuvers such as unsafe lane changes, or they may refuse to yield to those with the right of way.
- Tailgating – Most rear-end crashes occur because drivers follow cars too closely and leave themselves with no time or space to avoid a collision.
- Distracted driving – More and more accidents today involve drivers who were talking on cell phones or texting at the time of the collision.
- Drunk driving – A driver loses the ability to make sound decisions and safely control a vehicle after consuming any amount of alcohol (or after consuming illegal drugs or certain types of prescription medications).
- Drowsy driving – An overly fatigued driver can fall asleep at the wheel or suffer from a level of physical and mental impairment that is similar to driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
In some cases, a driver’s negligence is not to blame. We also work with clients in Chesterfield whose car accidents resulted from an automotive defect or a poorly designed or maintained roadway.
Types of Compensation for Chesterfield Car Accident Victims
An auto accident can cause life-changing injuries, including brain injury, spinal cord injury, whiplash, soft tissue injuries, fractures or burns. At Marks & Harrison, our Chesterfield car accident lawyers work hard to pursue the compensation that victims and their loved ones deserve. That compensation can include:
- Past and future medical and hospital expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish/emotional distress
- Punitive damages (in appropriate cases)
- Wrongful death damages (including funeral and burial expenses, loss of services and financial support and loss of a loved one’s companionship).
Every case is different. We will closely examine the specific facts and circumstances in your case and give you a clear picture of the types and amount of damages that are potentially available to you. We will also identify all sources of compensation in order to pursue the maximum amount in your case.
What Are the Most Dangerous Intersections in Chesterfield?
Auto accidents frequently occur in Chesterfield. According to Virginia Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) statistics, every year, on average, around 5,200 crashes occur on county roads, causing 25 deaths and roughly 3,250 injuries. CBS 6 News reports that the most dangerous intersections in Chesterfield County are:
- Jefferson Davis Highway and West Hundred Road
- Hull Street Road and Courthouse Road
- Hull Street Road and Genito Road
- West Hundred Road and Old Stage Road
- Hull Street Road and Brad McNeer Parkway
- Hull Street Road and Lonas Parkway
- Hull Street Road and Winterpock Road
- Hull Street Road and Old Hundred Road
- Midlothian Turnpike and Courthouse Road
- Iron Bridge Road and Beach Road
- Midlothian Turnpike and Woolridge Road
What Steps Should You Take After a Car Accident in Chesterfield?
If you get involved in a car accident in Chesterfield, the personal injury attorneys of Marks & Harrison suggest that you take these steps:
Seek medical attention – If you have not done so already, you should see a doctor as soon as possible. You want to ensure that your injuries are timely diagnosed and treated. Local medical care providers include:
VCU Health at Chesterfield Meadows
6433 Centralia Road Chesterfield, VA 23832
Chippenham Hospital Swift Creek
14720 Hancock Village Street
Chesterfield, VA 23832
Get a copy of your crash report – Generally, within five days after your accident, you can request a copy of the report prepared by the law enforcement agency that responded to your crash. If your crash occurred in Chesterfield County, you may request a report from:
Chesterfield County Police Department
P.O. Box 148 Chesterfield, VA 23832
Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles
Customer Records Work Center, Room 514
P.O. Box 27412
Richmond, VA 23269
Whether you order your crash report through the police department or DMV, you should expect to pay an $8 fee.
Gather your information – You should keep copies of all medical bills and receipts of other accident-related expenses. You should also hold on to any insurance company letters or e-mails, accident scene and injury photos, and contact information of eyewitnesses.
Report your injury to your insurance company – Your auto insurance provider likely requires you to file a report within a certain number of days after you have been in an accident – regardless of who was at fault. Make sure to comply with the insurer’s requirements.
Decline to speak with other insurance companies – If another driver’s insurance company contacts you and requests a statement or extends a settlement offer, you should consult with a lawyer from Marks & Harrison before you take any action.
Avoid social media – As our attorneys have seen in recent years, many insurance companies mine social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for information they can use to deny claims. You should avoid discussing your case on social media and, if possible, you should stay away from social media altogether while your case is pending.
Our Chesterfield Car Accident Attorneys Are Ready to Help You
At Marks & Harrison, our lawyers understand the difficult situation you may find yourself in after you have been hurt in a car accident in Chesterfield. We want to help lift the weight that you and your family are feeling and guide you through the process of seeking full and fair compensation. While we dedicate our skill, experience and resources to your case, you can focus on getting better. Contact us today and learn more about how we can help you in a free, no-obligation consultation.