Get a Free Consultation
You may be injured or stunned after an accident, and it is important to have a plan in place including the following steps should one occur:
- Call 911 if anyone is seriously injured.
- Call the police and obtain a copy of the accident report.
- Take pictures of the scene, your injuries, and both vehicles involved in the accident using your cell phone camera.
- Get contact information from any eyewitnesses to the accident.
- Do not admit fault or apologize (apologies can be interpreted as admitting liability).
- Exchange insurance information with the other driver.
- Get medical attention, even for minor injuries. Symptoms of some injuries, such as whiplash, may not appear until the day after the accident, and symptoms of other injuries may take even longer to appear.
- Contact an experienced Virginia personal injury attorney to deal with insurance companies on your behalf and for the best chance of obtaining maximum compensation for your injuries.