What do I do if my claim is accepted?

You may be asked to sign a form called an Agreement to Pay Benefits. This form states that you were injured on the job or disabled by an occupational disease, lists any period of disability and has other information about your claim. Make sure that all the information is correct, especially the stated average weekly wage and the body parts that were injured or affected. The Agreement to Pay Benefits will be sent to the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission for an award to be entered on the information on the Agreement. The award requires the carrier to pay your benefits.

For more information on Workers’ Compensation claims in Virginia, please review our Workers’ Compensation page.